Gene and all,

  Agreed Gene.  And hence IOD would than be in a very good
legal position for filing additional charges (Criminal), of intent to
defraud and willfully directly involving a Department of the US Government
in that they filed for a TM, in full prior knowledge that IOD has used the
.WEB in commerce prior to CORE filing with the USPTO for a TM
on .WEB.  Further, the NTIA may also be involved through CORE's
filing should IOD have notified directly or indirectly any person of the
NTIA office of such use of .WEB in commerce.

  Should Chris Ambler and IOD wish to come out of this smelling like
rose, so to speak, with a broad section of the Internet Stakeholders,
this might be advisable to at least look into pursuing.  It could indeed
"Blow the lid off" of the ICANN situation given the involvement that
CORE has, through Mike Roberts with ICANN and previously
the gTLD-MoU effort.

Gene, I think you can follow this out the reast of the way, as can others
without any of my help....   I just thought that it would be prudent and
advisible that everyone on these lists see where things could, or
are likely to head from here from a potential legal standpoint.