Richard,

My guess is that, since they are unwilling/unable to meet their
commitments, the ICANN board has been instructed to not say ANYTHING
WHATSOEVER to either you or me (and many others).  See, the problem is, we
expect people to act in a professional and responsible manner.  That
expectation exposes the ICANN board members.

Gene...

At 03:52 PM 7/31/99 -0400, you wrote:
>28 days and counting...
>
>>Esther, Mike, Joe,
>>
>>Is there any particular ICANN view on efforts to set up alternative root
>>systems?  I'd figured that ICANN would be neutral on it--it's got a mandate
>>to (eventually, if all proceeds a particular way) maintain and manage the
>>contents of the legacy IANA root, without regard to whatever other systems
>>may be in development.  Others worry that ICANN would view alternative
>>roots as hostile challenges to its authority.
>>
>>If there's no ICANN policy on it, do you have views on it in your
>>respective capacities?  Thanks!  ...Jonathan

>>>You're closer to them than we are Jonothon, why don't you ask them.
>>>
>>>Frankly I expect rhetoric out of them: "renegade", "pirate",
>>>"anarchist" and so on and so forth.
>>>

>>>--
>>>[EMAIL PROTECTED]    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>"They were of a mind to govern us and we were of a mind to govern
ourselves."

>>Jon Zittrain
>>Executive Director, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law
School
>>http://cyber.law.harvard.edu
>>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>

>--
>Richard Sexton  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | http://dns.vrx.net/tech/rootzone
>http://killifish.vrx.net    http://www.mbz.org    http://lists.aquaria.net
>Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada,  70 & 72 280SE, 83 300SD   +1 (613) 473-1719

Gene Marsh
president, anycastNET Incorporated
330-699-8106