>Gordon Cook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >Oh my god, so ronda as the denizen of usenet can't see the
> >telecommunications world except through USEnet glasses....  too funny
>
>Its disappointing Gordon that you make fun rather than try to understand
>the distinction being made and try to help to clarify rather
>than obfuscate.

Ronda, it is you who obfuscates but assuming you know more about
international telecommunications law and policy development than tony.

if you think that the only thing that defines the internet is its R
FCs you ar e incredibly naive.

> >why can't you get it through you head ronda that Tony is talking
> >international telecommunications *LAW* as defined by the ITU and by
> >governments which are obliged to obey ITU decrees!?
>
>But the Internet has been created through a process of RFCs that have
>helped to define it, not as either defined by or in reaction to
>ITU.
>
>The RFC's point to the Internet as a public internetwork of autonomous
>networks.
>
>Those distinctions are important.
>
>Also there is a need to understand the Internet's unique development
>which is different from that of the telephone system.
>Hence ITU law or reaction to ITU law is not an appropriate way
>to determine the nature of the Internet.
>
>Ronda

The COOK Report on Internet            Index to seven years of the COOK Report
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA  http://cookreport.com
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)           The only Good ICANN is a Dead ICANN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                    What's Behind ICANN and How it Will
Impact the Future of the Internet http://cookreport.com/icannregulate.shtml