On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, A.M. Rutkowski wrote:

> Roberto - this "threat" has been around for the last 20 years.
> Many of us spent some of our careers dealing with it.
> Under much more favorable circumstances to these players,
> they tried and failed spectacularly.  That's why they are
> trying to reinvent themselves playing the same game.  There
> is no way - let me reiterate, there is no way - they could
> pull it off with an aggregation of 1 million private networks,
> 50 million hosts, and several billion server applications
> shared via tcp/ip - - which is what the Internet is.

Actually - the estimates are 200 million users, 43 million hosts, 6
million domains, 500,000 nameservers, 150,000 DNS administrators and 1
ICANN.

Looks top heavy to me.  I wonder who will get crushed first?

Regards
Jeff Mason

--
Planet Communication & Computing Facility           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Public Access Internet Research Publisher           1 (212) 894-3704 ext. 1033