> >   We have seen the
> > abuses that can arise from anonymity on these very lists.
>
> On the contrary, havent we seen that abuse arises from
> *responding to anonymity per se rather than to the substance of
> any anonymous remark?

That's not the issue.  The ga list - as far as I can tell needs no
identification and people in email have the ability to maintain privacy.

The question is weither it is right to obtain details on those who attend.

Regards
Jeff Mason

--
Planet Communication & Computing Facility           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Public Access Internet Research Publisher           1 (212) 894-3704 ext. 1033