Tuesday, August 24, 1999, 5:14:00 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Michael Sondow wrote:
>>
>> Yes, they don't seem to realize the respect accorded the ACLU and
>> that, by attempting to demean it, they are just hurting themselves.
>>
>> I thought "global village idiot" was a particularly apt phrase,
>> didn't you?
>>

> I find it always amazing how some people that hold important offices, like
> ACLU President, behave like IFWP subscribers and are unable to make their
> point across without insulting.

First of all, Roberto, before you make such a judgement, based on the
extremely bias reporting of what was said by a government official who
has been actively involved in promoting the censorship rules, you
should find out exactly what he said.

What was most telling about this report was how this official twisted
what was said, and turned it for his own purpose.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Fax:(209) 671-7934

(IDNO MEMBER)
Support the Cyberspace Association, the
constituency of Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org