On Tue, 7 Sep 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Joe,
>
> Yes, you have answered my concern.
>
> What I understand from your answer is that CORE did not explicitely tell you
> that they have any interest in the bind99 database.
>
> In other words, you don't have any endorsement from CORE to your project,
> and no authorization from their part to use their name in your list ;>).
>
> (and probably not either from DNSO, ICANN, IANA Root Servers, ....)

No need to obtain anyones authorization.  And I further stress
participation is optional by the groups listed.  The option is thiers
alone to exercise.  Our only position in this is to make the process
available.

I should also stress that the concept here of authorization amounts to a
lot of irrelevant bunk.  Your position has no serious application.  As we
have said, in very plain words, the internet is controled by these dns
hostmasters.  Therefore anyone wanting to operate it must by default
appeal to them.  I see no other option.

If you find fault in this logic, please advise.  As for considerations of
authorization - yada yada yada - they are dismissed.  I can assure you
these individuals have little interest in the self gratification process
evident in the proceedure.  I'm sure their interest will be defined by
self interest, so it would be prudent to spend less time debating
authorizations, and more time developing a plan to sell them on the
question "Why should I use your root servers?"

> This reminds me of another story of several months ago, the survey of Mr.
> John Hunt, who claimed to do some work in name of IFWP and IANA (which was
> not true, of course). Any connection between the two initiatives?

I can't address the specifics at this time.  I can only state that you are
in error.  Mr. Hunts archives and research should be available in October
at which time I can address any details in this area.

I hope I have addressed your concerns, and should you have any further
questions please advise.

Cheers
Joe Baptista

--
Planet Communication & Computing Facility           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Public Access Internet Research Publisher           1 (212) 894-3704 ext. 1033