would be nice to know indeed....  i suspect that they will approve
another extension of the testbed since nsi would sign their
capitulation papers.

more important is that i hope brock meeks is covering the
confirmation hear ings for the new administrator of NTIA.....

lets hope he gets asked to cite the legal authority for NTIA's
actions with ICANN ..... I wanna see what authority he thinks he
has.....

correct answer....none

>Anyone have any information relating to what occurred today?
>
>(from the ICANN calendar page:)
>
>"September 9, 1999 - Special Meeting via Telephone
>
>     The ICANN Initial Board of Directors will hold a special meeting
> by telephone on Thursday, September 9, 1999, at 09:00am US Eastern
> time. The agenda for the call will be to update the Board on
> discussions with the U.S. Department of Commerce and Network
> Solutions, Inc., and to consider possible related actions."
>
>--
>Mark C. Langston       LATEST: ICANN refuses   Let your voice be heard:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]  to consider application for       http://www.idno.org
>Systems Admin    Constituency status from organized http://www.icann.org
>San Jose, CA      individual domain name owners      http://www.dnso.org

The COOK Report on Internet            Index to seven years of the COOK Report
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA  http://cookreport.com
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)           ICANN: The Internet's Oversight Board -
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                    What's Behind ICANN's Desire to Control
the Development of the Internet http://cookreport.com/icannregulate.shtml