All,

http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB19991012S0009

  Of course Vinton would make these recommendations, but the
answers to the questions in this article are a bit too unspecified
as to the security issues and barely address the privacy problem
with IPv6 presently, not to mention other concerns such as
v4tov6 issues.

  On the other side of this coin see:
http://www.techweb.com/se/directlink.cgi?WIR1997060910

And interesting excerpt that seems contrary to what Vinton says
is as follows:
"MCI is testing IPv6 on its high-speed research backbone that
 carries traffic for the National Science Foundation, but it has
no plans to deploy   v6 on its internetMCI commercial service."

and....

 "From our customer perspective, we have no significant or
moderate demand  for IPv6," said Rob Hagens, MCI's director
of Internet engineering. "They want   a faster and cheaper IPv4."

  So one can easily conclude that old Vinton says one thing and
his vaunted MCI/Sprint is doing another.   Words don't meet the deeds
I would say here Vinton old buddy!  >;)  Troubles in MCI town maybe???