From: Peter Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains
Subject: Re: Registrazione domini .eu
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 10:55:52 +0100

On 4 Mar 2000 11:32:59 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Richard J. Sexton)
wrote:

>>> Help me please, I would like to have some information about .eu domain!!!
>>
>>It doesn't exist (on the normal root servers):
>
>It doesn't exist in the un-normal root servers either.
>
>Some EU policy wonks secretly lobbied for if about 4 years ago, now
>they're lobbying the ICANN baord for it. All part of the "bottum up
>consensus making process" I guess.

They choose to go for an ISO countrycode just so they could ask ICANN
for a domain. It had nothing to do with being a country but just to
get money from people wanting to have domainnames in eu instead of com
or any Europian country. Forcing almost every Europian company to have
at least two domains.

--
Peter Peters
senior netwerkbeheerder,  Centrum voor Informatievoorziening,