Thanks for bring this to my attention Kristy.

Yup - I know namezero.com - but I should warn you the domain is not free,
it's sort of free.  Basically namezero provides web space or points to a
virtual domain you maintain, it then runs an advertising banner at the
bottom of the page.  You also are not listed as the admins - idirections
(former name) or namezero actually hold the domain and maintain the
administrative contact information.

It's a good deal for them - they retain ownership while you provide
content.  I have a domain with them I setup for an icann spoof - see
http://www.wecann.com/ - nothing on there - but it will give you an idea
of how namezero operates.

I think it's a great deal for most people - but I can see some problems
down the road for them if people want complete control of their domains
and have employed time and money (effort) in developing the site.

If they develope a policy to deal with that - it would be good.  I was
very happy when I heard about them months ago.

In fact - you might say that one of the big reasons NSI hired tony
rutkowski.  They see the writing on the wall - the domain name free lunch
is coming to an end real fast.  They have to figure out how to stay
relevant and profitable in a hostile market.

As a metter of policy PCCF has advised it's sponsors they stay with
NSI.  The main concern was stability, but we certainly encourage this
domain name free for all - about time.

Regards
Joe Baptista