my reply to vixie.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 13:23:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: !Dr. Joe Baptista <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Paul A Vixie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Mike Bilow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Press Releases

Wonderful.  This is a first.  Paul Vixie joins the open srs list for the
sole purpose of debating this issue.

Paul, you were offered an opportunity to fix the problem in BIND which at
the time were under your control as the BIND co-ordinator.  You failed to
take advantage of that opportunity and any discomforth is yours alone to
enjoy.

If you want to debate the facts, i'd be pleased to do so in the domain
policy list.  A debate of the issues does not belong here.  Mr. Walsh
originally presented your press release to the group in his continued dns
war campaign and I defended our position.

You sir have lied in your press release and that only reflects on you.  I
have yet to see any argument that questions the results in the survey.  So
please take the FUD out of here and move it to domain policy where it
belongs.

I would especially like to discuss the events which lead to you and Postel
highjacking the root servers.  That's a bit of history that still has to
be resolved.

Regards
Joe Baptista