>Roger Cochetti says:
>

>In other words, put into immediate effect a measure which is
>currently being hotly disputed and which runs directly counter to
>the interests of a large percentage of Internet users.
>
> > In the spirit of gaining new experience and as a reflection of the rapid
> > global growth of the Internet, we believe that it would make sense for the
> > new registry organization for ".shop", or whatever name is
>selected for such
> > an initial TLD, to be located in Europe.
>
>Europe has already decided upon its new TLD. It is to be .EU.
>Perhaps Mr. Cochetti could read a little and try to keep better
>abreast of events before insulting any further the millions of
>Internet users in Europe. And by the way, the Europeans have their
>own ideas about who will run their TLD registry, and I doubt very
>much if it's going to be Richard Foreman and Ken Stubbs.

rest assured Cochetti is following the bidding of john patrick and chris caine.

so this is how john patrick is gonna sell IBM 's e-commerce packages
in europe.  big blue says no .eu for you guys

why cause our ecommerce program's gonna make you a generation ...yea
a continent of

                .shop keepers

brilliant john, brilliant...step forward and take a bow.

ICANN sez no to .eu.....   hooray for big blue.

The COOK Report on Internet      Index to 8 years of the COOK  Report
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA   at http://cookreport.com
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)            What IBM & NSOL didn't want
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  you to know about their ICANN role.
January 2000 COOK Report:  http://cookreport.com/icannoverall.shtml