> Andrew McLaughlin replied to my similar question:
>
> "The selection of the nominating & election committees was done
> by the Board....

Where was this item placed on the board's agenda?

Where is the discussion of these matters by the board recorded?

When and where was a vote by the board made?  Where is it minuted?

Seems to me that in the absence of either open or transparent board
operations that I can't put much credence in an assertion that the board
did anything.

Indeed, backchannel information from board members indicates that the
board wasn't really involved at all but, instead, that it was a
"staff" decision.

In which case, one has to wonder whether the members of the ICANN board
realize that as "directors" they have a fiduciary obligation to actually
direct the corporation and not let "staff" run amok.

                --karl--