> Patrick Corliss wrote:
>
> I just came across this news item about revamping .us
>
> http://www.zdnet.com.au/zdnn/content/zdnn/0810/2126798.html
>
> I cannot tell the date so I'm not sure how recently it was posted.

The article is two years old, I believe. I was personally involved
in the .us reorganization project, but have heard nothing about it
since the meetings in Washington early last year.

I think the DOC has put it onto the back burner until ICANN makes
policy about all the ccTLDs, which probably means that .us will be
run by e-commerce (as unpleasant as that thought is).

The email address for public comments ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) may still
work, for all the good it serves to send comments to the NTIA.

Michael Sondow           I.C.I.I.U.     http://www.iciiu.org
Tel. (718)846-7482                        Fax: (603)754-8927