My number is ###-###### :-)

It was postmarked Thursday 5/26, and
sent FIRST class (someone voted against
"bulk" mailing them
[ I didn't vote on that one :-) ].

I'm in the same 3 digit ZIP code, but
I wouldn't be surprised if they
were received in CANADA on Monday
(Monday in the states was a national holiday).

Patrick Reardon
15223 Grevillea
Lawndale CA 90260

310+676-9400
FAX 310+676-9460

Off at college, the student has gone through all of his
allowance.

He calls his Dad. "Dad, you're not going to believe what
they can do here. They're got a program that'll teach Fido
how to *talk*. All you've got to do is send Fido along
with $1000!"

Dad's pretty excited by this, so the next day he ships Fido
and a grand in cash to his son at the University.

About 2/3 of the way thru the semester, he's out of money
again. So, once again, he gets Dad on the phone.

"How's Fido doing?" Dad asks

"He's doing GREAT. Talking up a storm! But you won't
believe this -- Fido's had such great results, they've
instituted a program just for him to learn how to READ."

"Amazing! What do I need to do?"

"Just send $2500 and I'll make sure Fido gets in the
class."

Once again, within a couple of days, the student had money
to spend.

Sure enough, though, the end of the semester comes. The
boy is facing the time when he has to go home and,
naturally, Fido can't speak or read a single word. So he
just shoots the dog.

When he gets home, his dad asks, "So, where's Fido? I can't
wait to hear him talk to and listen to him read something!"

"Well, Dad, there's a problem. I have some bad news. This
morning, when I got out of the shower, Fido was in the
living room, kicked back in the recliner, reading the paper
as he does now. He turned to me and said, 'Hey, your daddy
still messing around with that cute little redhead over on
Oak Street?'"

The father says, "Oh, shit.
I hope you SHOT that lying son of a bitch!"

"I sure did, Dad."

"That's my boy!"                        5/9

e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]