Ronda Hauben wrote:

>Well, people are now trying to sign up for that membership, for that
>limited right to vote and it is clear that the ICANN folks are
>not even making any access available to that. The version to sign
>up at the ICANN web site requires frames. So people who don't have
>a browser with frames are not able to even use that part of the
>web site. And an alternative web site set up in another country
>gives a message of "We are sorry. The database is currently overloaded.
>Please try again when the system is less busy." when I tried to sign
>up.

Hmmm.  As far as I can tell, there is only one web site that is
taking all of the traffic, and it is at ICANN's site (192.0.34.18).
The secure mode pages require https support, which isn't available
in lynx (as far as I know).  There is a community of disabled people
that use lynx that this potentially affects.

The proposed study for new registrations should take this into account,
in my opinion.  Some other topics for consideration include multiple
servers, support for more languages, and email submission.

--gregbo