Users come last in ICANN elections scramble

By: Andrew Orlowski in San Francisco

Defending the English monarchy in the 19th Century, the
social historian Walter Bagehot argued that for the general
good, its mechanics should be kept incomprehensible and
largely invisible.

Full story at:

Patrick Reardon
15223 Grevillea
Lawndale CA 90260

310+676-9400

A kid walked up to a guy wearing a 10-gallon hat, leather
vest, leather chaps, and sneakers.  The kid asked him,
"Mr. Cowboy, why do you wear that big hat?"

The cowboy replied, "Well, son, the big hat protects me
from hot sun and driving rain, and at night I put it over
my face when I sleep on the range, so it protects me then, too."

"Why do you wear that leather vest?"

"It also helps to keep the weather off me, and it has
pockets where I can keep my valuables."

"Well, why do you wear leather chaps?"

"They protect my legs when I'm driving my horse through
mesquite and cactus."

"Well, Mr. Cowboy," the kid finally asked,
"Why do you wear sneakers?"

"That's so somebody won't think
I'm a damn truck driver."                            8/14

e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]