Q3 Quotes file:

Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 12:40:30 -0700
From: Jon Postel
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ISOC Statement on Domain Name Fees

Rick:

I think this introduction of charging by the Intenic for domain
registrations is sufficient cause to take steps to set up a small
number of alternate top level domains managed by other registration
centers.

I'd like to see some competition between registration services to
encourage good service at low prices.

I do think we need to proceed with some care, to understand what are
the requirements and responsibilities of these service centers, what
informatrion they have to provide to the community, what oversight they
are subject to and by whom, etc.

I'd be happy if you could help me come up with a plan for this.

--jon