FWIW: the minutes of the final two meetings of the IFWP Steering Committee
(September 3 and 5, 1998) are still posted at
http://www.domainhandbook.com/scmin.html

One has to wonder why so few people (particularly Sims, Frankel, Roberts,
Magaziner) were able to wield so much power over what was touted to be a
worldwide bottom-up development.  The initial name for this process was
Global Incorporation Alliance Workshop: "Toward an Internet Assigned
Numbers Entity"

Jim Dixon wrote:
>You are quite right.  It doesn't change anything.
>
>However (a) Sandow and Lessig were disagreeing, and Lessig was claiming,
>essentially, superior knowledge as a participant.  I wrote to support
>Sandow's version of events.
>
>And (b) we have a future.  People need to be reminded of what really
>happened, so that history doesn't repeat itself.

Ellen Rony                    //          http://www.domainhandbook.com
Co-author                  *="  ____ /                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The Domain Name Handbook      \     )                  +1  415.435.5010
                              //   \\
                                          "Carpe canine"
          The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.
        If you want a friend, get a dog.  -- Harry S. Truman