I just got off the phone with Linda London from ELECTION.COM
They are aware of the problem and have six people working on it.
She could not give me any insights as to the cause of the error message,
but we know that it is not browser specific.

Interestingly, she did not inquire as to the specifics I offered from my
own failed attempt to vote: e.g., browser, version, OS, computer chip,
which I thought might be useful in isolating the cause of the problem.

I have done some testing of the template, although I still cannot vote.

The voting protocol will not accept null (0) votes.  Nor will it accept
duplicate numbers for different candidates (i.e., I tried adding a clutch
of 7's for people I don't want to vote for.)

I suggested that since ELECTION.COM inherited some oddities from ICANN, it
might post the following information on the first voting page.

        1.  ICANN's member and password IDs must be retyped directly from
the keyboard rather than copied from another document and pasted in.

        2.  Capitalization counts.

        3.  The PIN number includes the characters "PIN-" and the entire
phrase "PIN-nnnnnn", where nnnnnn is the number, must be entered as the
PIN.  This, of course, is an absolutely non-intuitive approach so kudos are
in order for ICANN in setting up this important number in such a fashion.

4.  Those who did not or were unable to activate their ICANN memberships by
the deadline cannot vote in this election.

Ms. London will call me back when she has an update on this abyssmal
situation.  I'll post whatever I learn immediately.  Stay tuned and don't
worry.  I'm certain they will fix this within the eight day voting period
remaining!

S;-]

Ellen Rony                    //          http://www.domainhandbook.com
Co-author                  *="  ____ /                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The Domain Name Handbook      \     )                  +1  415.435.5010
                              //   \\
                                          "Carpe canine"
          The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.
        If you want a friend, get a dog.  -- Harry S. Truman