Hello Esther, Mike, et al.

Could someone please explain the following
lapse in your TLD application process?

On October 2nd, ICANN posted the following:
>http://www.icann.org/tlds/tld-applications-lodged-02oct00.htm
>
>As of 5:00 pm California time on Monday, 2 October 2000, application materials
>seeking to operate or sponsor the new TLDs listed below were submitted to ICANN.
>These applications have not yet been verified to be complete or to be in proper form.
>(There may be missing parts of the application, omitted attachments, no or an
>inadequate application fee, a transmittal not in the specified form, a lack of
>required signatures, etc.) Requests for confidential treatment of material submitted
>have not yet been evaluated according to the procedure outlined in Section I of the
>Statement of Requested Confidential Treatment of Materials Submitted. Nor has ICANN
>yet made any determinations, where multiple TLD strings are included in a single
>application, whether to require the applicant to elect which of the strings to pursue
>in the application.

[Note:  While ICANN admitted that the applications
had not been reviewed, and they might not be complete,
it did *not* indicate that there might be some other
applications hidden in its system!!!]

Then, on October 3rd, ICANN posted:
>http://www.icann.org/tlds/tld-applications-lodged-02oct00.htm
>
>Note: On 3 October 2000, we revised this list to add two mistakenly omitted
>applications and to make minor corrections to some TLD and applicant data.

Could someone please document why:

      JVTeam, LLC
      1120 Vermont Avenue., NW
      Washington, DC 20005 USA
      Ken Hansen
      +1 202 533-2600
      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

and

      NeuStar, Inc.
      1120 Vermont Avenue., NW
      Washington, DC 20005 USA
      Ken Hansen
      +1 202 533-2600
      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

had applications recognized the day
*after* the application deadline?

Thanks in advance,

Jay.

+++

Jay Fenello,
New Media Strategies
http://www.fenello.com  678-585-9765
Aligning with Purpose(sm) ... for a Better World
"The refusal of the ICANN junta to relinquish to others
the institutions they claim to have built is itself the
most damning condemnation of their work." -- Ted Byfield