On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 04:29:47PM -0700, Ellen Rony wrote:
> Brian Reid has made a web site with full documentation of his ICANN election
> problem. Its URL is
>
>     http://reid.org/brian/icann/
>
> He encourages wide distribution of this URL so that as many people as
> possible know this information before they vote.  ICANN voting runs through
> October 10.

The description given of STV is not at all accurate, however, and Mr
Reid's concern is largely unfounded (I do agree that a pointer to a
description of the algorithm would have been nice).

There is effectively no difference between ranking a candidate seventh
and not voting for them at all.

See http://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/sep/votingsystems/stvi.htm

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           lonesome." -- Mark Twain