Joe Baptista wrote:

> --- begin forwarded text
>
> Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2000 06:39:00 -0500 (EST)
> To: ietf-announce: ;
> Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hollenbeck-grrp-reqs-05.txt
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>          Title           : Generic Registry-Registrar Protocol Requirements

<snip>

> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hollenbeck-grrp-reqs-05.txt

Reading this Internet-Draft carefully, it can be seen that this
document contains not merely technical protocol, but many policy
decisions (i.e. politics) as well. Is the IETF noiw empowered to
make political decisions regarding TLD registries? Is ICANN or its
DNSO empowered to do so without discussion? Perhaps the candidates
for the Board would like to comment on these pertinent questions,
and on this new Internet-Draft and its repurcussions.

Michael Sondow
      INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF INDEPENDENT INTERNET USERS
   http://www.iciiu.org        (ICIIU)        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel(718)846-7482                                Fax(603)754-8927