Hi, Richard. How's tricks?

You wrote:

> I don't know how usefull this is, but I just rigged the IFWP
> list

Well, I for one have a nostalgic attachment to the IFWP list, which
always had a better feel than dom-pol because it was run by
neutrals.

What's the situation with the dom-pol archives? Is there an
independent copy somewhere? Is NSI going to make them available?
Since it was a public list, it seems to me that they have an
obligation to make them available to the public. And they've gotten
a lot of bad press about their unilateral decision to remove them
without warning.

I am longer directly involved in any ICANN activities or related
mailing lists. The whole subject makes me so furious that I can't
stand to receive news about it. It makes me see red, and I spend the
whole day with my fists clenched. Just seeing the name of Sims or
Touton or Dyson on a message makes me feel like puking. So I'm
staying away.

But I'm still interested, of course. Especially about the fate of
.net and .org, which affect me directly. Does anyone know who the
ICANN board is prepping to take over .org and .net? It's sure to be
someone who will use them to eliminate small businesses and real
non-profits. Now that the big businesses have control of .com, they
can start to use control of .org and .net to eliminate all the
independent users and small businesses. It's a repeat of the cable
TV history, only without direct government regulation.

Anyway, it would be nice if the IFWP list took off again. It was
always the place for independent opinion.

Yours,
Michael Sondow

P.S. Can't send to [EMAIL PROTECTED]