Since a bunch of people have asked about this, here's a quick HOWTO.

First locate your current DB files.
Since my box isn't running any more, I can't remember where they live
- probably "/var/db/rrd" ... but if it's a full install, it could also
be in "/conf/db/rrd" if I remember correctly.

I didn't actually do that ... I just made a backup of my configuration
including the RRD data (in the pfSense GUI). The old install was a
full HDD install).

When I restored it on the new install (a nano install only as I've
been having problems with drive reliability), it put a file "rrd.tgz"
in "/conf" ... that one contained all the files.

With the .rrd files in hand, you first have to get them exported to XML.
On a 32-bit system (can be a plain Linux box), use "rrdtool" to dump
the DB to an xml file:
    rrdtool dump <rrdfile> <xmlfile>

With these XML files, you can create new platform RRD files.
On a 64-bit system (again, can be a plain Linux box), use "rrdtool" to
create a new DB file:
    rrdtool restore <xmlfile> <rrdfile>

The resulting .rrd files can simply be copied into the "var/db/rrd"
directory - overwriting the files already there.

It gets a little trickier if you need to merge RRD files
For example if you install the new version pfSense for a few days,
regret and revert back to the old version.
Now your RRD graphs will have a big fat hole in them ... unless you
merge the 2 sets of graphs.

It used to be simple enough to do (there's a python tool called
merge-rrd), but when I tried it earlier, I found out that the tool no
longer works due to a small change in the exported XML.
In any case, I solved it ... look here if you need it.
http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=38560

Regards,
-Jeppe