On 2012-03-05 23:46, Eric Inazaki wrote:

I run my pfSense off the CD but I save my config to a thumb drive.
But I wonder, if you were to run pfSense off an hdd would it be an
easy thing to have the config file saved to a thumb drive in addition
wherever it goes to on the hdd?  What I'm getting at is, just slap a
thumb drive into any pfSense box as a matter of SOP and you're
guaranteed to have at least one backup for you precious, precious
rules whether you're using a live CD or hdd installation.

Or is that just too much work for such a low probability event?

eric

I agree that it'd be a nice idea. Is there a bugzilla where we should post our whishes?

Ugo