On 5/1/2012 1:43 PM, Lazy Sod wrote:

Looking to switch from Monowall to Pfsense for gaming reasons; I have one Xbox 360 and have had no luck getting the strict NAT message to leave when using Monowall.I have noticed that some have been successful in getting Pfsense to work without having a strict NAT message.Following the information in the forum hasn't really gotten me very far.Does it work, if so can you point me in the right direction?If I've missed something on the Mailing list let me know where I can find that info.Any help is appreciated.

step 1) assign a static IP to your xbox how ever you choose
step 2) under NAT/Port Forward: forward UDP/3074 to your xbox IP
step 3) under NAT/Outbound: select Manual outbound NAT rule generation
step 3a) pfSense will have created 3 auto generated rules for you - leave these alone step 3b) create a new rule for WAN interface, any UDP packet sourced from your xbox IP and select "static-port" option step 3c) move this new rule to the top of the rules (it must match first else one of the auto generated rules will match).

-Ernst