2012/5/11 Ian Levesque <i...@crystal.harvard.edu>

> On May 11, 2012, at 2:52 PM, Ugo Bellavance wrote:
>
> > I'd need to have an NFS client access an NFS server.  Both are on a
> different network segment, so I need to have the traffic go through the
> pfSense firewall.  Does anyone has the list of ports that must be allowed
> for NFSv3?
>
> If your client is on the LAN and the server the WAN, you should be fine
> with the built-in state management. If the NFSv3 server is behind a
> firewall, good luck... :) (basically, you'd need to configure your server
> to use static ports, which may not be possible with your NAS).
>
> ~irl

Hi Ugo,
Hi @List,

i would do the following
if:
Client - router - wan - your pfSense - your nfs server
scenario is given
then:
put the client into a vpn, connect from there to the NFS-Server.
which kind of vpn is most useful for you, depends on the given scenario.
be sure to adjust the access allowed only to your NFS-Server
and you will go.

regards

m.

--
= = =  http://michael-schuh.net/  = = =
Projektmanagement - IT-Consulting - Professional Services IT

= = =  Ust-ID:  DE251072318  = = =