I have a pair of firewalls set up with pfsync. pfSense 2.0.1/i386.

I'm pushing a lot of connections and traffic, so had to bump the
number of states in the Advanced -> Firewall/NAT tab.  This increased
number did not show up on the backup firewall.  Ditto for unchecking
the "disable nat reflection rules", and the optimization option
(normal, aggressive, etc.).

I have configured everything to sync except the three traffic shaper
options and the captive portal, which I don't use.

Most things do sync correctly, so I know it is not a communications or
password issue.

Also, my understanding is that it is supposed to sync the actual state
table.  Wouldn't that then show up on the backup as a similar number
of state entries on the dashboard?  I don't see anywhere close to the
same number of states on the backup.  I did a test of turning off the
main firewall and all my connections (ssh) were lost, so it seems to
me that this is not functioning.

Any ideas on what to try?