Have you tried temporarily allows pfsense to run on HTTP instead of HTTPS and
seeing if your issues still occur?

I'm not sure whether the URL re-write will work when HTTPS is in use.

That sort of works, just need a bit of work on the rewriting

I switch to http on the web configurator and confirm https no long working.

I then setup the reverse proxy as such

       ProxyPass /pf/ https://172.16.45.133/
        ProxyPassReverse /pf/ https://172.16.45.133/

This works and I can login and see the themes / css. However when I click a
link it changes from remotsite.com/pf/interfaces.php to
remotesite/interfaces.php. I then manually inject /pf/ and press return and it
displays OK.

This is better than before in that it just didn't work at all with https.

Still a rewrite issue I need to look into to get this working as expected.

The proxy has an ssl cert also so I could still use it this way, it's just
internally it will be http.

--

Regards,

Giles Coochey, CCNA, CCNAS