On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 7:02 AM, Mark Tinka <mark.ti...@seacom.mu> wrote:
> The machine is still in "setup mode", so it's not connected
> to the Internet. However, it seems that a quick web GUI
> loves DNS (confirmed via pfSense state table), which,
> obviously, isn't up yet. This seems to be a recurring theme
> when I Google this issue.

I just set up two boxes two days ago to replace an under-powered
cluster.  I did not notice this at all.  The only delay I had was on
boot when trying to start openntpd after restoring the configs from
the production boxes.  The only ethernet connected was a cross-over
cable to a laptop for the LAN.  The web GUI was fast the whole time I
played with it.  I did not attempt to SSH.