[Please don't threadjack. Start a fresh message rather than replying to
an existing message, or threading mailreaders will bury your message
under an unrelated topic]

On 6/27/2012 1:25 PM, Joe Landman wrote:> Hi folks ...  any guidance on
the 2.1 timeline?  Is it considered stable
> for end user use yet?  I'd prefer to deploy things actually marked as
> stable (we have 2.0.1 in use at customer sites, and are playing with it
> internally).  I'd like to get 2.1 up for better driver support (and ease
> of building drivers).  Thanks!

Hopefully sometime in the next couple months. We still have a few
blocking issues to tackle before we'll even push a BETA1.

Many of us are running it in production in areas that need IPv6 or have
hardware that requires the newer drivers. Basically if it works for you,
it should keep working, but if it doesn't work, you should know right
away. Not easy to back down from it though.

Problem areas in current snapshots are VLANs, NanoBSD read-only remount
slowness, and there are still some packages that need work to be usable
on 2.1.

Jim