One thing... SuperMicro IPMI BMCs should redirect COM1 if the internal
connections are cabled properly... in which case the standard Embedded distro
would work properly.
Otherwise, what you're doing is identical to running an embedded system with 3
ordinary COM ports, and having the console on COM3.
Sorry, I don't have any useful advice about /etc/ttys.
-Adam