> Are there any JunOS features you consider killer that are not in
> pfSense 2.1? What would be these features?

Hardware offload: you can scale vertically with JunOS platforms with the
simple addition of more money, whereas an x86-style software-only system
like pfSense will always hit bottlenecks much earlier on, no matter how
much money you throw at it.  IRQ Polling helps a bit, but not enough to
scale into the 10GB range IMHO.

Also, "commit confirmed" is a REALLY, REALLY nice feature.  A similar
concept could theoretically be implemented in pfSense, but that would
probably be 3.0-timeframe at best based on my knowledge of how the
webconfigurator works.  (Many firewalls have similar stage/commit/rollback
functions, there are multiple ways to gain equivalent functionality.)

Other than that... I can't think of any 'killer' features that pfSense
lacks.  Depending on your environment, certification (e.g. ICSA) and tech
support may be very important.  You can get tech support for pfSense, but
not with the resources of a JTAC behind it.  Good luck certifying it -
it's uncertifiable by design because of the shell access and the ability
to add arbitrary packages.

-Adam Thompson
 athom...@athompso.net