On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Stefan Baur
<newsgroups.ma...@stefanbaur.de> wrote:
> Okay, indeed it says so there (and I've updated my crontab accordingly).
> Thanks for pointing that out.

Not a problem, the problem you outline is of interest to me because I
even see DDNS update issues having a public IP on my WAN; the trigger
doesn't seem to work very well whereas a cron job does tend to.

> However, repeatedly firing off
>
> fetch -q -o - http://checkip.dyndns.org | sed 's/^.*Current IP Address:
> within the same minute doesn't error out, so it doesn't look like a limit
> that's enforced by dyndns.

My only guess is that they're enforcing by trend rather than burst.
Regardless, I'll be interested to know your outcome.