Am 27.07.2012 12:54, schrieb Frank:

BTW: Have you thought about using an own DynDNS Server?

Thought about it, yes. But won't help in this particular case, as my customer insists on using no-ip; he recently migrated away from DynDNS to no-ip and doesn't want to perform another migration. I take it he uses no-ip with other systems, too (that aren't as easily migrated, like off-the-shelf DSL routers), and probably wants to keep it all in one place.

Bit of a problem: pfsense seems not to support gnudip natively
(which is one of the easier ways to make your own DynDNS).

It does support RFC 2136, which sounds like the way to go when you want to roll your own dynamic DNS. I believe a partner company of mine uses that for their dynamic DNS needs (albeit purely on Linux, no pfSense/*BSD involved, but that shouldn't make a difference).

-Stefan