On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 6:10 PM,  <pfsense-supp...@madcyclist.org.uk> wrote:
> I have a pfSense 2.0 box connected to an ASDL modem running as a MPoA
> bridge.  Basically the ADSM modem does some unspecified manipulation and
> presents the public IP to the LAN connection via DHCP along with gateway
> etc. information allowing the pfSense box to get out onto the internet.

So your LAN interface on the pfSense box gets a public IP? What
craziness is that?

I'll assume you mean that your WAN interface on the pfSense is getting
the public IP from the ADSM modem.  In this case, just add a rule to
the WAN tab on the firewall to permit https/ssh from your remote fixed
IP from where you wish to monitor it.