On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Pedro Serotto <pedro.sero...@yahoo.es> wrote:
> Dear all,
> I have a fresh install on the above HW.
>
> My configuration is quite simple.
> About ten nat rules, eight load balancer's pools and eight carp's virtual
> ip.
>
> When I try to download something through pfSense I never get over 300kB/s .
>
> Instead, if I try the same download on the firewall, through the nic on the
> server
> side, I can reach 5MB/s
>
> In my opinion it's quite slow but I'm not so expert about this hardware, so
> could you kindly give me some suggestion ?
>
> Is there something that I can do to increase throughput ?

It's not a limitation of the hardware in general, I don't know the
exact limit of a 6501 but it's in the hundreds of Mbps. Not enough
info there to suggest more, there are numerous potential causes. Check
Status>Interfaces for speed and duplex and errors, make sure it's set
accordingly for your connection.