On 4/16/2013 9:05 AM, Chris Bagnall wrote:
> I have quite a few pfSense deployments out there with early builds of
> 2.1 snapshots. These are mostly running on ALIX embedded systems with 1
> or 2GB compact flash cards.
>
> Has anyone tried using the updater in the WebGUI on embedded systems?
> I'd like to bring them up to date with recent snapshots, but as some of
> them are a considerable distance drive from me, I don't want to brick
> them in the process :-)

It works fine. Just make sure to test a specific snapshot locally to
make sure it works and then it would be reasonably safe to update the
others.

The odds a particular snapshot having an issue are greater than the odds
of the upgrade failing remotely. These days both are fairly low risks,
but still worth accounting for. And, as always, backups backups backups.

Jim