Hi Odhiambo!

I have done quite a few pfSense 2.x installations on those two machines.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-kit-dccp847dye.html
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-kit-dc3217by.html

All you have to add is RAM and a small mSATA SSD, change the BIOS to IDE,
pfSense does not work with AHCI apparently.

Now, those devices does only have 1 Gigabit Port, so I combine them with a VLAN
switch, they are very cheap.

I usually use the D-Link DGS-1100 Series and configure one port as an uplink to
the NUC, and the rest in a combination of WAN, LAN and OPT ports.

This obviously does not work very well if you have servers on one VLAN and
Clients on another, AND do heavy bulk transfers of large files between the two
VLANS, but for everything else, it works like a charm.

The Celeron 847 is normally fast enough for most setups, and the Core i3
version give you a lot of power for the price and wattage.

Better yet, you can pick all hardware up almost everywhere.

Med venlig hilsen, Best regards
Ulrik Lunddahl

Sales Manager - Salgschef
PROconsult Data A/S - Landbrugsvej 2 - 5260  Odense S
Tel: +45 63113333 - Tel dir: +45 63113341 - Mobil: +45 26363341
E-mail: u...@proconsult.dk - Web site: www.proconsult.dk