Found this:

https://github.com/pfsense/pfsense/blob/master/etc/rc.create_full_backup

https://github.com/pfsense/pfsense/blob/master/etc/rc.restore_full_backup

I'm modifying the create script to send the image to a remote server, but
this might be exactly what I want.  Would be nice to wrap some of this in
the UI, but I'm doing fine with ssh access to these commands for now.

--
James Records | Principle Network Engineer

M 425.984.4349 E ja...@northshoresoftware.com

W www.northshoresoftware.com