----- Original Message -----
> On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Mark Street <mstr...@alliancemed.org>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am creating a tunnel with another party that is using a Cisco
> > ASA5520.
> > Phase 1 is negotiating just fine.
> >
> > Phase 2 will not come up.  I am using my LAN Subnet on my side and
> > made sure
> > they have the same settings.  They are using a public routable IP
> > on their
> > side for the remote network.  ex.  Their VPN endpoint of the ASA is
> > 111.222.333.25 and they are using 111.222.333.140/32 for the remote
> > network.
> > I have that remote network set on my side in Phase 2 -
> > 111.222.333.140/32
> >
> > When I go to pfSense Status and click on the little start icon next
> > to the
> > phase 2 entry it is yellow with an x, once pushed the tunnel does
> > not come
> > up green, but stays yellow with and x.  Am I setting the remote
> > network
> > properly on my side of phase 2?
> >

> There can be a difference between an address and a /32 network in
> phase 2, might want to try the opposite of what you're using now.

Funny, I configured my pfsense Phase 2 with both an address and a /32 network.
In DEBUG mode pfsense shows the same IPV4_address for the remote side for both.
 I configured the remote side as a /31 and it does show as an IPv4_subnet.
So..  I should probably work with the remote side admin to configure as an
address instead of a /32 network.... as Chris says, there is a difference but
it appears as if pfsense does not negotiate phase 2 as if they are different.

Configured as Address

May 6 09:02:40  racoon: DEBUG: use remote ID type IPv4_address
May 6 09:02:40  racoon: DEBUG: use local ID type IPv4_subnet

Configured as /32 Network

May 6 09:05:54  racoon: DEBUG: use remote ID type IPv4_address
May 6 09:05:54  racoon: DEBUG: use local ID type IPv4_subnet

> > I have seen some cryptic error messages in the log viewer in
> > pfsense.  Is
> > there a key to decode these message codes?
> >

> That's generally what gets spewed when you have a P2 mismatch with a
> Cisco, it in and of itself isn't helpful. Enabling "Start racoon in
> debug mode" under System>Advanced, Misc may give you more useful
> logs.
> Though maybe not since you're the initiator, in many cases of
> mismatch
> as the initiator you won't get very telling logs on your end for why
> the remote end is refusing to accept, if it's just timing out.

Mark Street, D.C., RHCE
Chief Technology Officer
Alliance Medical Center
(707) 433-5494