Greetings list,

One of our clients is currently building a property in the middle of nowhere, and traditional (*DSL/cable/wireless) services aren't feasible, which leaves the only option being satellite.

Unfortunately, satellite broadband services available to them only seem to offer a dynamic RFC1918 address, and there does not seem to be an upgrade to a public routeable IP.

So the only option I've come up with is to 'nail up' a VPN from the pfSense at the client's premises to another pfSense in a datacentre, from which we can route their traffic over a static address (and provide v6 etc.).

Has anyone tried this in anger, or indeed, can anyone suggest a better approach?

Kind regards,

Chris