On 09/19/2013 04:38 PM, Mehma Sarja wrote:
Have you tried pinging to 8.8.8.8 from your wan and lan ports? If that works, have you tried pinging to yahoo..com off those ports? This might be a DNS issue.
Hello,

I can ping 8.8.8.8 from my wan and lan ports. pfSense can also resolve google.com and pfsense.org. But interestingly, It on the dashboard it says 'Unable to check for updates'.

See if you can use the setup wizard to get online and build your rules from there. Your's is a simple setup and the pfsense book is a nice reference to have on the shelf if you are supporting an office.

Thanks, I will check out the book

--
With Kind Regards,
Joseph W. Joshua