On 11/7/2013 9:58 AM, Vick Khera wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Jim Pingle <li...@pingle.org
> <mailto:li...@pingle.org>> wrote:
>
>     Also see the "How To Test" tab and other data here:
>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AojFUXcbH0ROdE15eHB4dndHTXZYcU1mQm9Dc3V2elE&usp=sharing
>
>     The sheet could really use some more data, so anyone who has an AES-NI
>     capable system, feel free to run through the tests and help fill out the
>     sheet. :-)
>

> I'm running that now. Which numbers do I pull from the results? those on
> the bottom line of the openssl speed output?

The output from the openssl speed line at various sizes match up with
the columns in the sheet, so if you paste the output of the commands on
the "How to Test" tab for each iteration that's good enough for now.
Note that you want the "-elapsed" parameter on the test command as shown
on the other tab. Also a good idea to run each test a few times and make
sure it doesn't vary a lot. Ideally we'd have a bunch of runs of each
type to get a good sampling of the data.

> Also, does it matter which
> CPU I have? That seems like it should be a column :)

Sure that can be added.

Jim