Hi Ermal,

On 01/08/2014 12:04 AM Ermal Luçi wrote:
> Well short answer.
> Try with only the second rule stating !from  your alias.
>
> That should give you a working config.

but how about multiple departments then? Each of them with a separate set
of limiters as well. I'm just trying to understand why the match action
doesn't seem to work with limiters like it does with any other optional
parameters like queues for example.

Assigning limiters to all interface based rules would be a real pain
depending on the size of the rule set and the complexity of the
configuration. E.g. lets say you've got 14 interfaces on a box each one
supposed to have its own set of limiters.

I'd expect multiple floating rules, each one defining a separate set of
limiters per department to work while pushing unmatched traffic into a
default set of limiters using a "catch-all" rule at the very end of the
chain. I mean, this is the intended use of the floating tab, right?

So if there's anything wrong with my assumption someone be so kind and
kickstart my brain. It would be nice to have a clear explanation to this
but also for anyone else who might come up with the same question bumping
into this thread.

Thanks a lot :)