On 1/7/2014 3:11 PM, Joe Landman wrote:
> It doesn't allow you to change names of gateways once they are set. I am
> not sure precisely why, but it simply does not work.

To do that requires some extra code to search through all other places
where the gateway could be used (firewall rules, routes, gateway groups,
DNS, WAN settings, gateway monitoring, and so on) and update the name in
each place when it needs changed.

The odds of missing something and causing a problem after the change are
nontrivial so we've been cautious about trying to allow that to happen.

If someone wants to submit a patch to add the feature that properly
accounts for updating the gateway name everywhere in a safe manner and
restarting services as needed, feel free to submit the code.

Jim