Hi Kevin

Am 12.05.2014 08:37, schrieb Kevin Boatswain:
> Has anyone that recently build or purchased the supermicro 2758 (Rangley)
> seen these errors before?
>
> This box would be somewhat identical to what is sold in the pfsense store
> and netgate minus the support and custom tuning,
>
> http://store.netgate.com/Firewall/C2758.aspx
>
> http://store.pfsense.org/c2758/
>

> I seem to get the message "*igb0: Could not setup recieve structures*"
>  multiple times on my LAN interface.
>
> I found this case documented here as a bug for the igb driver but it has
> been marked as resolve and is over three years old so didnt figure it was
> still a problem.
>
> https://redmine.pfsense.org/issues/1221
I've seen such errors on a system with quad i350 NICs where I could only
enable 2 out of 4 ports if I remember correctly. Have you tried the
loader.conf.local changes as reference in the bug tracker?

Also see the wiki on this topic:
https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Tuning_and_Troubleshooting_Network_Cards

If you have built it yourself you don't a Netgate-flavoured but vanilla
image, the images on Netgate appliances (as Jim T. mentioned once on the
list) contain some pre-tuning in order to run pfSense smoothly
out-of-the-box.

The tuning is specific per system which is why it isn't applied to the
standard image.

-- Mathieu

---
Diese E-Mail ist frei von Viren und Malware, denn der avast! Antivirus Schutz
ist aktiv.