Le 21 mai 2014 à 16:09, Paul Beriswill <paul.berisw...@pdfcomplete.com> a écrit
:

> On 05/19/2014 01:14 PM, Olivier Mascia wrote:
>> pfSense 2.1.3
>>
>> Would it be possible to write rules filtering on one (or all) of the gateway
>> addresses?
>>
>> For instance, using the gateway names as an ALIAS.
>> Or creating an ALIAS whose value is resolved to this or that gateway or all
>> gateway addresses.

> That sounds like the normal way of doing it.  If you define an alias that
> includes all GW addrs you can then  use the alias in place of a IP address on
> your filters.
> Paul

The gateway addresses are obtained by PPPOE for the IPv4 part of the link and
DHCPv6 for the IPv6 part. So I can't define an ALIAS, not knowing the exact
gateway IPs which can vary if there is a disconnection (VDSL technology on that
specific site I'm referring to).

To be honest, I have seen that these addresses do not seem to change often
(more or less one short disconnection per 20 days and the gateway addresses do
not change on each disconnect). But I think the interest for some ALIAS or
other mean to refer to the actual gateway addresses in rules might be useful.
Or I might have missed something big. :)

__
Olivier Mascia
tipgroup.com/om